Monday, May 18, 2009

a new home, a new space

My relocation to St Petersburg, Florida has been nothing shy of perfect. I am finishing up my Ph.D. in Medieval Studies Literature, getting ready to purchase a home, will be teaching as an Adjunct Professor, working on my second book, planning a wedding with my beloved fiance and enjoying the good Lord's sun and rain.

I am also closer to my home, St. Croix and to my familia. By way of a welcoming committee, my fiance and I went to a reggae-playing bar and beach area yesterday. The water was simply beautiful and the people quite friendly. In fact, I came across two islanders that just happened to be from St. Croix, from my city...Christiansted. Unbelievable!

I have enjoyed a nice Chilean wine (2006) and have yet to uncork my Florence-purchased Castello Di Monterinaldi(Chianti Classico, 2004). Don't worry, I have two bottles and will have dual reasons to drink them in the near future.

The blog will continue to be somewhat academic, but will now describe the life of an academic in a southern state surrounded by the Gulf, sun and the occasional hurricane warning, or two. If you are ever in the St Petersburg area, let me be a guide, a light.

No comments: