Thursday, January 1, 2009

So Croix From Home

I have forgotten how awewsome home can be. I was born and raised on the island of St. Croix and it is simply beautiful. I am enjoying it immensely!

I surprised my newly-minted fiancee on the eve of Christmas at her parent's house with an engagement ring and a trip to St. Croix for an engagement honeymoon. Let's just say she has become the darling of my family, and I am the chopped liver.

That's okay though--she's gorgeous, holds a Ph.D., is a Professor of Rhetoric, has the most beautiful heart and actually loves me. What you gonna do man? The blessings of God continue to flow over me like the waterfalls of Annaly Bay, or the beauty of the sunset by the Frederiksted pier.

I brought her home to meet my family, but to also know where I grew up. She has adapted quite well--hiking, swimming and even trail-blazing through the rain forest! On Monday we head out to the famous Buck Island National Park where we will be snorkeling along the underwater trail/reef, sailing on a large catamaran, drinking strong, yet sweet island drinks, and enjoying all things Cruzan.

We're working on the jet skiing and the island hopping to St. John and the British Virgins. Not a bad life huh? Jealous? Me too!

2 comments:

Slauticus said...

Hey what are you jealous of?
Congratulations man! Wish I were there to celebrate it all with the gang.
-Los

bathmate said...

I liked it.
Bathmate