Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Pause of Concentrated Thanks

This is the day that many people groups, in their own manner, celebrate a moment of thanks. For what exactly? Well, for the pilgrims that came over; that family member who is still with us; the news of distress, which turned into eustress and all good things followed.

On this day--I am thankful for the plenty, the little; the large, the small; the successes and the failures; the pleasure, the pain. Most of all, I am thankful for the memories.

My beautiful better half is with me on this day, and I am fully elated. Our adversity cannot even begin to compare with all the rich blessings that have unfolded our way! And, yes--for that I am thankful, thankful, thankful.

Many people will play it "cool" on this day, and settle for some reductive and materialistic nomenclature to sum up this moment, this event. It is rightfully called Thanksgiving Day--period! Still, whatever you wish to call it--be thankful, give thanks.

No comments: