Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Grand Central Perc: a "new" cafe s/p(l)ace

I forgot how I came to find out that a new cafe had opened on Central Avenue, but here I am. The space is large enough boasting decent front window parking, plenty of seating, wireless, free art gazing on the walls, and of course a good caffeinated liquid high.

Impressively, there is no uber coffee scent and my machiatto (double shot of course) is strong and consistent on my tongue and palate. The official location is 2444 (easy enough) Central Avenue, St. Petersburg, FL 33712.

The street out front is a busy one, but GCP (if I may) allows for an escape from, to borrow from Hardy, the maddening crowd.

As I sign off and prepare to teach I am left toe tapping my Calvin Klein, cognac-colored driver slip-on to the cadence of Chapman and her "you got a fast car," and I am left to wonder: do I? Well, gotta go be someone, be someone.

No comments: